Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Margs de Mayo


Ok, so I know that I eluded to oatmeal cookies in my last post....which I'm sure all three of my readers were DYING to know about. Don't worry (I know you were) - I made the cookies. Love them; will post them and the recipe.

But...I just made amazing margaritas for Cinco de Mayo - because, why not? Megan from http://www.meganleedesigns.blogspot.com/ sucked a few back with me while our friend Brian tried to work some video/computer magic (for about five hours). Yeah....he had borrowed our camcorder - which we hadn't used in years - to tape a video for his awesome new iPhone app, GeoTap (get it at iTunes).

The current tape on the camcorder held remnants of an amazing drunken dance party from about three apartments ago and two poolside minutes from our honeymoon (hey, nothing dirty people). Needless to say, we hadn't used it in awhile. Needless to say, I had no idea how to make it work with our computer for uploading and editing, etc.

Anyway, back to the margs. I bought a ton of fresh limes and didn't want to make anything with sweet/sour mix, etc. I'd made margaritas before, but decided to search for something new. These were refreshing, tart and light - maybe it had something to do with the Patron? Ye-ah!




Here's the recipe, adapted from "Wes' Favorite Margarita Recipe" in the Austin Chronicle.

Ingredients: for 1 serving

  • 1 shot tequila (I used PatrĂ³n Silver)
  • 1/2 shot Triple Sec
  • 1/2 shot fresh squeezed lime juice (about a half dozen limes made about a half-cup of juice)
  • splash of mango nectar
  • splash of Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice

*I added the mango and Rose's; and used Triple Sec instead of Cointreau

Directions:

  • Put all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice
  • Shake hard for 30 seconds
  • Strain into glass filled with ice and serve with a bendy straw and lime wedge
  • Of course, you can rim the glass with salt if you want - that's how I want....

*I added the bendy straw

'Kay, need to watch the RHNYC finale now!!

2 comments: