Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Rose by Any Other Name - Final Cake!

Ta Da! This is the final cake from my decorating class.



As you can see it involved buttercream roses - I had never made these before. They were harder than I thought, but I was also using a slightly "wrong" petal tip and my icing might have been off. Oh, well. I like them, but they took a long time. I'm sure if I did nothing but practice I would become a pro....and could get a job in the Jewel bakery - hey, it might not be long off...

There's a lot going on with the cake - by a lot, I mean a lot of icing. I would have left it simple, see below, but I was supposed to show the other techniques from previous lessons.



Brad has enjoyed eating cake for the past three weeks - but, I don't think I'm going to take the next class. I'll keep practicing and making cakes - don't worry, but right now all I have on my mind is oatmeal cookies....so stay tuned!

PS, purple was the color used in our book...but, we could choose any color we wanted. I stuck with purple because I happen to like it and might own a pair of lavender shoes. One of my cousins once had an all-purple birthday party (sometime in the 80s). I was totes jealous. She got purple luggage - which me and all my other cousins thought was SO COOL! Hey, it was the 80s - but, I'd probably still take purple luggage now...

1 comment: