Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Julie & Julia & Katie

It's probably no surprise, but I'm reading Julie & Julia. I'm probably late on this, I guess it was published awhile ago...oh, well. But, where was I when all the hype was going around? Oh, I was probably trying to work my way up the corporate ladder.

While reading today, it got me hungry. Well, some parts of it got me hungry - the description of eggs ensconced in jelly - did not. So...I made something to eat. This is the part that I find hilarious, which inspired this short post.

In the book, huge, timely, rich and decadent recipes (requiring multiple sticks of butter) are written about in detail (hence the making me hungry part). But, what did I eat??

-100 calorie english muffin
-fat free cheese
-frozen mixed vegetables

A far cry from boeuf bourguignon - right?! But, to me it was a light lunch that I actually like - for reals.

BTW, I finished the book in between writing this. I thought it was "meh." I'll probably still go see the movie though.

Oh, I did prepare dinner for me and Brad (love my slow cooker) that we'll enjoy after I get my ass kicked in bootcamp tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment