Sunday, August 9, 2009

Junk Cookies & Junk TV

OK, normally I hate posts, items, write-ups (what have you) that are written in the following manner. DailyCandy LOVES to do it, and every time, I'm like really? Is this funny? Can't you just tell us about the new store?

However, I need to recount a conversation that I had with Brad and this is the best way to do it. So, here goes...

Me: "I made cookies, do you want one?"

Brad: "Sure." (munch, munch, munch)

Brad: "These are good hon. What are they?"

Me: "Martha calls them kitchen sink cookies. But, I'm calling mine "junk cookies."

Brad: "Are they from a kit?"

Me: "What do you mean, "a kit?""

Brad: "Like a kit? A box or mix?"

Me: (Looking incredulous) "Do you know who you are talking to?" (thinking, WTF - where have you been the last 6 months?)

Brad: "Well, you've made other things from a box before, like brownies."

Me: "Those are fat free brownies. Did you even look at the giant, jam-packed with ingredients cookie in your hand? "Stuff like that doesn't come from a box!!!"

(note, the fat free brownies are good and I do not by any means only bake from scratch or with real butter...)

But, I mean, seriously, look at the pics below.

Would YOU ask if those came from a box? Cookies with semi-sweet chocolate, butterscotch and white chocolate chips; pistachios, almonds and peanuts; raisins; and a few reese's pieces and chocolate-covered coffee beans?!
I proceeded to re-tell this story to numerous people throughout the weekend. People we knew, of course - with Brad present so I could make him feel like an idiot. Nice wife, eh? :)

I hope you can tell why I'm calling them junk cookies though. I had a bunch of bags of ingredients that were almost gone and I wanted to use them up. You can pretty much throw in anything you want.


On to junk TV. I'm pretty much an addict. If its "bad," I'll watch it. But, if its actually bad - I know where to draw the line. Like I haven't indulged in "More to Love" - but, I also kinda have a problem with that whole concept...


Anyway, I bring up junk TV in conjunction with junk cookies because I was watching "Addicted to Beauty" while I was making them. Seriously people, this show is ridiculous. Maybe not the show per se, but the people on the show.


I doubt this will make it into my regular rotation. But, I encourage you to watch it just once (or for five minutes) as a reminder why you shouldn't get too much botox or too much boob injected into you. Just look at Dianne and Shannyn and you'll know what I mean.


Speaking of regular rotation though, when will "The Pick Up Artist" come back?!? Now, that's good, bad TV!

1 comment:

  1. Good one Brad! LOL
    These look amazing! I might have to try this recipe and give them to my brother to try!

    ReplyDelete