Thursday, April 23, 2009

Clowns Aren't Always Scary - Sometimes They're Fat and on a Cake

I didn't really want to post a picture of this clown cake - because, well...it's disproportionate and it's not my fave.


Fat clown, tiny head. I'm singing "fat clown with a tiny head" like "fat man in a tiny coat" from Tommy Boy.






It looks like that shrunken head character in Beetlejuice. When Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin are in the waiting room of the afterworld?


It's my own fault that my clown is so fat. "You're using the wrong tip," my instructor said. I said, "I know, I don't care, I like this better!" But, that was before I took the little plastic clown head out of the package. I didn't realize how small it really was. I felt bad that I fated him to a fat life, so fat that I couldn't even fit a little friend for him on the other side of the cake. There were supposed to be two on there for the assignment.


Well, don't order a clown cake from me just yet I guess. I think the dots are cute and I'm decently happy with the shell border. It's harder than you think...


Oh, it's chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and raspberry filling - at least it tastes good.


To me, the best part was that Brad thought the clown body looked more like a brain (why have I talked about brain in my last two posts?) and now wants a zombie cake with a brain for his birthday. Not totally weird, he likes zombies. Hopefully I can get some good inspiration at the zombie pub crawl we're going to on Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. What makes zombie pub crawl? Do you feast on craft beers AND brains?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JoBu pretty much. more heavy on the beer than brains. here's the link

    http://www.chicagozombiepubcrawl.com/index.html

    i'm thinking it will be like the thriller video - which i did experience "thrill the world" - the largest gathering of ppl re-enacting the thriller dance - w my sis in LA last year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you take part in "thrill the world" or just watch? I'm assuming it wasn't anything like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0

    I hope there are pics of the pub crawl. I'm curious. Not as curious as I am about goat brain ravioli, but curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JoBu haha, no. and, no i didn't participate - just watched and took lots of pics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, your clown totally has shrunken head syndrome. And now I will have the Banana Boat song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cake did taste really good...even if the clown was fated to life as a fatty. zombie preparation beginning in 0.75 hours.

    ReplyDelete