Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dear White Jeans...

Are you really "in" again for this spring/summer? I just saw a fashion news segment that said white jeans were the thing to have. I admit that I kinda have a love hate relationship with white jeans - and pants for that matter. It's like I want them to look good on everyone, myself included, but sometimes (most of the time?) that's not the case. The fashion "expert" on the segment said that everyone can wear them, but I'm sorry, I have to disagree...have you ever been to the Taste of Chicago? shudder...

But, this got me thinking about the white jeans I once bought at a J Crew outlet on a family vacation, in oh about 1995? I loved them and they looked good - I even wore them on a trip to NYC with a black fanny pack - yes, I know.....and there are pictures (no, I don't have them). WTF? Please don't think any less of me...

Over the years, I've since bought other pairs of white pants - not jeans - and I always end up usually only wearing them once. Maybe I'm intimidated by them? Maybe my thass shouldn't be covered in any kind of white clothing? Maybe my dad used to tell me I had a hole in my chin b/c I inevitably always spilled stuff on myself?

Like in Never Been Kissed, when Drew Barrymore spills chocolate milk on herself "Josie Geller: That'll teach me to wear white jeans after labor day. Gibby Zerefski: I don't think you're supposed to wear white jeans after 1983."

HAH! Awesome.

Anyway...so, white jeans - I guess I'll be buying you this weekend?

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment